The sureness of something because it is founded on fact, not the result of man’s imagination, myths or wishful thinking. Am I firmly convinced of the core beliefs of the Christian faith? Do I regard them as foundational pivot points that I have built my life on and will not compromise on, as they are non-negotiable or open for debate?
Base your life on the genuine truth of God’s Word
Various unchangeable experiences are without exception the lot of all mankind, including:
* Trials in this world – for the Christians even these work for our good (Jn 16:33; Rom 8:28).
* Temptation – the carnal flesh is open to attack by Satan (1 Cor 10:13; Jas 1:13-15).
* Death – man is destined to physically die (Heb 9:27).
* Judgment – we are answerable to God for every thought, word and action ultimately reaping what we sow (2 Cor 5:10).
* Destiny – those who reject Christ’s offer of salvation will spend eternity in hell, while heaven awaits the redeemed because “The wages of
sin is death,
but the gift of God is eternal life” (Rom 6:23; Rev 20:15).
God also operates by certain unchangeable principles including:
* He is always the same and consistent in all He does (Mal 3:6; Heb 13:8).
* His huge love for all humanity, not willing that any should perish (Jn 15:9; 2 Pet 3:9; 1 Jn 4:10).
* He keeps His word (Num 23:19; Ps 89:34; Mt 5:18).
* He is a God of justice and correct judgment (Rom 2:5-16; Rev 19:2).
* He will not leave us (Heb 13:5).
* He watches over and helps those committed to Him (2 Chr 16:9).
* He hears our heartfelt cries and prayers – even if He doesn’t always answer them to our liking (2 Chr 7:14; Jer 33:3; Jnh 2:2).
* The blood of Jesus will cleanse from any sin genuinely repented of (1 Jn 1:7,9).
* He welcomes into His family all who wish to be saved (Jn 1:12).
* He will honour those that honour Him (1 Sam 2:30).
* He blesses those who obey His directives but if we disobey we put ourselves under a curse (Deut 28:1-68). If we break His laws, they will
break us in
Other consequential certainties include:
* Those that seek Him will find Him (Jer 29:13).
* Even if things are not fair in this life, He will reward according to our love and devotion to Him and His kingdom (Mt 6:33, 25:21).
* Whatever is done in His name will not go unrewarded (Mt 10:42).
* Jesus will come again (Jn 14:3).
* We are on the winning side, and heaven is our home – if Jesus is our Saviour (Rev 21:27).
* The principle of sowing and reaping, or cause and effect are as true as the law of gravity (Gal 6:7,8).