<<think about, look after>>
Do I look after what has been entrusted to me?
Jer 29:11; Mt 6:25-34, 12:29-31; Phil 4:6; 1 Pet 5:7). We are to be careful not to be lead stray or taken captive by the devil instead always being vigilant, living holy lives so we are not polluted by sin and become ineffective for God (2 Tim 2:26; 1 Pet 5:8; 1 Jn 3:7).
God expects us to give attention to:
* Our body as it is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 3:16,17). Do not abuse or pamper it, rather have adequate sleep, a nourishing balanced diet, times of relaxation, as well as exercise and mental stimulation. It is important to feed the mind a wholesome diet too (Mt 12:34,35; Eph 5:29; Phil 4:8).
* Family. Give regular quality time to our marriage partner and those in our immediate family who are our responsibility, providing for their needs and training our children (Prov 22:6; Eph 5:28, 6:4; 1 Tim 3:4,5,12).
* Other people. Being outward focused to whoever is in need was the teaching in the ‘Good Samaritan’ parable (Lk 10:30-37). We are not to do anything that is harmful to our neighbour, but in everything do unto others, as we would like done to us, doing what is good for them (Lev 19:16; Mt 7:12; Rom 15:1,2). Our good works should bring glory to God, with our treatment of others being a reflection of how we would treat Christ (Mt 5:16, 25:31-45; Gal 4:14). To be able to speak into the lives of others requires a growing friendship to be established. It is through loving and believing in them the right is earned to have input into their situation. Do not manipulate people instead have a genuine concern (Phil 2:20). We are to love Christians and support those in ministry (Jn 13:34; 1 Cor 9:10; Gal 6:10; 1 Tim 5:17,18; 1 Pet 4:8).
* His Kingdom. As this responsibility is correctly fulfilled the other areas of our life will be taken care of (Mt 6:33; Phil 2:21). As we each do our part the whole will function effectively (1 Cor 12:27; Eph 4:16). Paul states an unmarried person can often be more involved in God’s work, yet a couple can have an effective team ministry (Act 18:26; 1 Cor 7:32-34).
* Other living creatures. These feel pain when mistreated. They are provided for our benefit and should be treated humanely.
* The environment. We are not to wastefully destroy the world’s resources rather use them wisely as good stewards.
* Machinery and equipment. If these are well maintained they will function more cost efficiently and last longer.